Health and Safety Compliance Manager / Personnel
If you need any further information or would like to apply for this position, then please send you CV along with a covering letter to David Oxley.Apply
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available to head up The Health and Safety Function for multiple hotels in The South West’s largest hospitality employer. The role will be working closely with The Personnel department to ensure compliance across HR and Health and Safety.
The Victoria and Belmont Hotels based on the seafront in Sidmouth on the south coast of Devon, have over 200 employees divided into several departments across the two sites as well as Auditors and social media skilled staff to name but a few ancillary. We have a large proportion of live- in staff with buildings that are managed by the department under The HMO regulations.
The hotels primarily cater for leisure guests and have 115 rooms between them as well as a spa and outdoor pool bar open in the summer months. Sidmouth is known as an original Regency Town with a multitude of attractions to draw in visitors. The Brend Group has a very loyal customer base and is known for its high level of customer service as well as pristine surroundings and a high level of maintenance.
Your direct line manager is The Area Director and you will need to integrate with well established and efficient staff in several areas, with departmental responsibility over supervisors and managers in each of the following areas whilst keeping professional working relationships with all of your stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
Health and Safety.....
- Working with H&S officers at The Victoria and Belmont Hotels to ensure compliance with The Health and Safety at work Act 1974 and its many implications for a hotel group such as ours
- Maintaining Health and Safety documentation
- Ensuring Health and Safety Law is enforced on the ground with refurbishments
- Managing Asbestos
- Working closely with group and regional Health and Safety co-ordinators and Directors to ensure company policy on H&S is met at all levels
- Personnel Management: The successful applicant will have proven experience and qualifications as a manager in a similar environment such as a hotel in both Health and Safety and Personnel and be competent in the use of various computer based systems and filing systems
They will also be able to implement group policies and move forward the areas in their control whilst working closely with the senior group H&S and Personnel team.
Qualifications and Skills....
- Previous relevant experience in a H&S role within hospitality
- Certificated to a high level in H&S training e.g. NEBOSH or level4 CIEH H&S
- CIPD - Qualifications or equivalent experience
- Full driving licence as there will be some travelling to our Head Office e.g. H&S / Personnel Committee meetings
- Company Pension Scheme
- Use of pool vehicle when necessary
- Child Care Vouchers
- Optional Accident and Sickness Scheme
- Preferential rates and discounts throughout The Brend Group
- Stunning surroundings
- Amazing team of people offering support and a diverse working environment
- Career development opportunities
- Live in accommodation available if relocating
How to apply.... If you would like to join the family, please apply to David Oxley with a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.)