Permanent - Full Time (37.5 hours a week)
Closing date: 17th May 2022
Salary: £19,500 per annumApply
The Victoria Hotel
Sidmouth, Devon. EX10 8RY
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Live In Accommodatio Available
Deadline to apply: 17th May 2022
As a Hotel Receptionist you will be responsible for recording and monitoring all hotel bookings, ensuring exceptional customer service as well as answering internal and external phone calls.
Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. Flexible working is available with various shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in Sidmouth.
What will I be doing?
As a Receptionist at The Victoria Hotel, you are responsible for recording and controlling all hotel bookings, communicating with all departments to ensure the highest level of customer care. Receptionists will also be required to answer internal and external phone calls in a professional and friendly manner.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
● Record and control hotel bookings with accuracy and effectiveness
● Deal with incoming and outgoing calls in an expeditious manner, recording and passing on messages as well as answering all emails
● Completing day to day office administrative tasks including hotel banking
● Friendly and professional customer service when dealing with customers as well as exceptional customer service skills
● Ensure workstation and office is tidy and equipment is in working order
● Understand and comply with company policy on HASAWA, fire precautions, legal requirements, and perform any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
● Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Receptionist at The Victoria Hotel, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
● Positive attitude and willingness to learn
● Good communication skills
● Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
● A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements
● Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
● Ability to work on your own or in a team
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!