The Victoria Hotel Access Statement
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- This Hotel has lift access to all floors.
- The dimensions of our lift are: width 800mm and depth 1000mm.
Directions to the hotel
- Directions from A303: From the A303 near Ilminster continue through the Blackdown Hills, then merge onto the A30.
- Take the exit from A30 (Honiton) signposted Sidmouth A375. Turn left toward Exeter Road, then turn left again onto Exeter Road.
- At the 1st roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Sidmouth Road (A375). Go across the 2nd roundabout. At the 3rd roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on the Sidmouth Road A375.
- Drive through Sidbury and at the crossroads in Sidford go straight across onto Sidford Road.
- Merge with Temple Street then Vicarage Road, and at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto All Saints Road. At next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Station Road.
- At the next mini roundabout turn right onto the Esplanade and after 300 yards the Hotel will be on the right hand side.
- Our postcode is EX10 8RY.
Before you arrive
- Enquiries and reservations can be made online or by phone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi from Exeter St David’s Railway Station, Honiton Railway Station or Exeter Airport, we use a reliable company and would be happy to book them on your behalf.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website or we would be pleased to forward them to you by post or email.
When you arrive at the hotel
- There is an undercover drop off point at the main entrance to the hotel.
- There is one designated disabled parking space in the car park at the front of the hotel. There is also plenty of general car parking.
- Entrance to the main Reception of the hotel is up a step from a level parking area and there is a ramp available if required.
- Our porter is always available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered direct to your room. Our porter can also help you upon departure.
- The floor is marble and wood tiled.
- Our Reception area is all on one level on the ground floor.
- Our staff are always available to help you with check-in.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The main bar is on one level and accessible from the main entrance.
- The Jubilee Restaurant and the White Room are on one level and accessible from the main entrance.
- There are two lounge rooms on the ground floor. The Main Lounge has level access off the main Reception. The Sun Lounge has level access off the Main Lounge down a single step.
- Our disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor with easy access from the Reception, Bar, Lounges, White Room and Jubilee Restaurant. The disabled toilet is fitted with an emergency alarm.
- Ladies and Gents Toilets are also is situated on the ground floor with easy access from the Reception, Bar, Lounges, White Room and Jubilee Restaurant.
The Jubilee Restaurant & The White Room
- There is ample movable seating.
- There is background music in the White Room. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is a mixture of self service and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- The 60 bedrooms in the main hotel are over three floors.
- There are three rooms situated around the outdoor pool area which is accessed by a ramp or steps off the car park. The Victoria Suite can be accessed via steps either through the main hotel or via the car park area; there is also access to this room via a ramp. The Garden Room is only accessible via steps from the rear car park area.
- We do not have adapted bathrooms but all are fitted with grab rails over the bath.
- There is a lift with access to all floors.
- There are various rooms with a walk in shower.
- There are telephones in all rooms and 24 hour room service is available.
- The indoor heated pool lounge area is on the lower ground floor and is accessed via the lift. There is a single step to gain access; however a moveable ramp can be used.
- Entry into the indoor pool area itself is by steps into the pool or via metal ladders on the side of the pool.
- The outdoor pool and Pavilion area are accessed by steps to the front or ramp at the rear access point.
- Entry to the outdoor pool is by built in shallow concrete steps.
Sauna, Spa Bath and Luxury Spa
- These are located in the Indoor Pool Area.
- There is outside seating to the front of the hotel, on a paved surface accessed from the main reception.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- High chair.
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafguards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome on the premises.
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.