A trip to Sidmouth is everything you’ve been dreaming of and more. Knowing what to do and when to do it can be a stressful task and that’s why we’ve compiled our Sidmouth bucket list of our top things to do on your next visit. We’ve used our research, personal experience, and local knowledge to compile the very best of sunny Sidmouth.
Whether you do everything or nothing at all, Sidmouth is full of life with plenty to see, do and eat!
- Head to the Esplanade, grab an iconic striped deck chair and enjoy one of Sidmouth's finest ice creams.
- Grab a blanket, lie back, listen the sound of the waves crashing on the pebbles, breathe in the sea air and relax!
- Explore the Jurassic Coast - this World Heritage Site has over 95 miles of stunning coastline just waiting for you to enjoy.
- Try a Cream Tea - A trip to Devon isn’t complete without a Devonshire Cream Tea, plenty of Devonshire clotted cream and jam, and remember cream first!
- Find a good book, sink into our cosy lounge and let your troubles melt away.
- Whether you’ve got little ones or not, a trip to the Donkey Sanctuary is fun for all.
- Do a spot of retail shopping in Sidmouth's town centre, make sure to pop into Potburys department store for all things furniture and home accessories.
- Walk the South West Coast Path.
- Explore Dartmoor National Park - huge expanses of open moorland, wild ponies, lakes, and streams make this exploration guaranteed to be wild and invigorating.
Fancy ticking off a few bucket list items, browse our selection of breaks to Sidmouth.